I got this recipe from my mom, who lived her whole life between Bangor Maine, and Cape Code Massachussetts. I altered it to make it Paleo/Keto friendly, and I think they taste even better now!
Note: Wild Maine blueberries work the best, because they do not “explode” when baked, but retain some of their shape and more juice. However, after moving to California, it’s now near impossible for me to find wild Maine blueberries, and substituting regular fresh blueberries works great!
4 cups Almond Flour
1/2 cup erythritol
1 tablespoon baking soda
1 tablespoon salt
2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup drawn butter
8 ounces Maine wild blueberries (if not available, regular blueberries will substitute fine)
1) Preheat the oven to 350F degrees. Place cupcake papers in muffin pan. This recipe makes 30 muffins, so scale measurements accordingly, keeping proportions the same.
2) Blend all of the dry ingredients.
3) In a separate mixing bowl, lightly beat the eggs, mix in the sour cream and drawn butter.
4) Mix the wet and dry mixtures and stir until mixed well.
5) Add wild Maine blueberries and stir until evenly distributed throughout the batter.
6) Fill muffin cups with mixture, until about half full
7) Place muffin trains in the oven and let bake for approximently 20 minutes, or until golden. Let cool, and serve with butter.