This is a great Keto recipe that can be adapted into a dinner roll, sandwich roll, or a loaf of bread. They’re high in fiber, and taste absolutely amazing!
25g flax meal
25g whole psylium husks
2g baking powder
2g baking soda
salt to taste
100g eggs – scrambled/mixed
60g oil – sunflower or grape seed
1) Pre-heat oven to 300 degrees.
2) Mix scrambled eggs, oil, and the cider vinegar together. Blend thoroughly.
3) Combine the flax meal, psyllium husks, baking powder, baking soda and salt to mixture. Use a spatula to mix the ingredients.
4) After blending, let the dough rest for about 5 minutes. It will appear watery at first, it should thicken to the consistency of oatmeal.
5) Line a baking sheet with baking paper.
6) Wet your hands, shape and then size the dough as desired. Put the rolls on the baking sheet.
7) Sprinkle the tops with oatmeal, if so desired, and then bake in your oven for approximately 30 minutes, or until thoroughly cooked. Use a toothpick to ensure it is cooked all the way through.
These rolls are very high in fiber, and very delicious! Recipe should be plenty for two batches of rolls, or about two loafs of bread.