Sugary Sodas are one of the worst, most sugary, vices out there, and have no place in a diabetic diet. Next time you need a beverage, try one of these great options instead!
- Water – An obvious choice. Stay hydrated, clean out your system. Just remember, too much of anything is bad.
- Tea (hot or iced) – A bit of flavor, add some sugar free sweetener if you must. Teas also contain numerous beneficial elements.
- Black coffee (hot or iced) – Stronger, and not for everyone. Caffine is a good pick me up, but again, be careful not to over do it, as caffine can dehydrate you.
- Club soda plain, or with sugar free flavor packets – A nice light soda with just about any flavor under the sun.
- Koolaide with stevia – It won’t have the crunch the sugary stuff has, but with light sweetener it can be great, and it’s cheap.
- Crystal Light – Though artificially sweetend, it can be watered down to taste.
- Sugar free energy drinks : Monster, Red Bull, etc. Find a complete list here
- Zevia sweeted sodas – Available at your local health food stores, Zevia a brand of Stevia.
- Large brand diet sodas – Sometimes you just gotta have a Coke or Pepsi. And it’s available almost everywhere.
- Vitamin Water Zero – Appears to be the most healthful of the diet sports drinks, it also truly has no calories.